We all know that there are rules of fashion we should follow & most of the time we do however on occasion rules are made to be broken.......and you should find your style.
Pear-shaped women are usually smaller in the bust, have a well-defined waist with larger hips & thighs. Normally they avoid wearing peplum tops as they fall at the widest part of the hips however some peplum tops that will fall at your waist with a small ruffle can be found; if you like that style.
We have come up with some tips for fashionable pear-shaped women.........remember these are only tips.
Here we go
- Wear lighter colours or prints on top & darker colours on the bottom
- A-line dresses, skirts, coats & tunics.
- Wear cropped cardigans & jackets over longer tunics
- Clothing that fits the waist and hips/thighs properly.
- Statement necklace takes the attention away from your hips
- Cowl, boat neckline or wider V or U necklines
- Wide leg or bootcut jeans/ pants to keep your hips from looking bigger than they are
- Wide lapels on jackets will make your top half look bigger & balances out your wider hips
What to avoid
- Shapeless shirts as they will make you look bigger than you are
- Neutral colours shirts will make your top half smaller than it is.